Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

RSC – Last of the Reds

This is the last Saturday for reds for July in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I actually sat down and worked with some more red scraps this week. It’s pretty therapeutic for me and I can tend to forget about other stuff when I’m focusing on sewing…and I needed that this week! So, without further ado, I jumped into my red strips and put some together in a log cabin formation.



I made the three blocks you see here, and then I set them on the design wall with the two “made” hearts I put together a couple of weeks ago. The strips are all different widths, up to 2-½ inches, so the blocks are a bit wonky. I think I like it. I have about a dozen red fabrics that are sitting in my “to scrap” pile, so I think I will cut some strips off of them and finish this one out. I will also put together some more hearts with my other red scraps. Who knows? Maybe I’ll get a new quilt out of it by next Valentine’s Day!


Head over to So Scrappy and check out the lovely red projects others have put together for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Love the saturated red log cabin blocks.. They will make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red hearts. Are they raw edge or backed with interfacing and turned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute hearts. They will make a wonderful February quilt. The wonky log cabin blocks make such good use of the strips you're cutting and so versatile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks. Love the sweet hearts.

    ReplyDelete