Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mid-Month Check-In

I’m doing pretty well on my goals for the month of July. I think focusing on one project each week really helps me get things done. Otherwise, I tend to flit around from one thing to another. I have also moved my sewing machine out of the sewing room and into the sunroom to do my actual sewing. It might not make sense to some people, but I am just too distracted by all of the projects sitting in my sewing room and don’t focus enough on what I am working on. Plus, my design wall is in the sunroom, so it’s easier to work on quilt tops in there. I just bring in my machine, ironing board, and sewing necessities, and I can get quite a bit done sitting in the sunroom.

So, this month, I only set out to complete a few things. First, I wanted to complete the quilt top for my split half square triangle blocks from a charm pack. I’m working on that this week, and I’m happy to say that I’m moving right along on it. I have the sashing on the blocks and have a couple of the rows put together. So, I just need to finish up 5 more rows, then sew the rows together into the quilt top. It’s a very small quilt, so I should be able to get it done by the end of the month. This is the project I’m focusing on this week.

This month I also wanted to get my squares done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for July. The color of the month is red, and I’m happy to say that I completed this goal, and more! You can read more about it here.

I also wanted to start a new project for the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. I’m happy to say that I’ve accomplished that goal as well! Here is my summer cat mini quilt for the NewFO for July…



Other than those three items, I just had a few things I wanted to work on if I had the time. The only thing I did get to was finishing Part 5 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice mystery quilt from December 2013. I now have all the units done and hopefully I’ll put them into blocks soon.

I have spent a lot of time in the garden and kitchen this month, along with reading a bunch of library books, so I think I have done pretty well in the sewing room so far in July. I hope you are getting your projects done for the month!


No comments:

Post a Comment