Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals

This month I’m only going to set a few goals, and hopefully I can meet them.

For A Lovely Year of Finishes for July, my goal is to sash and sew together the blocks for this quilt top…



These blocks are from a charm pack I won from ALYOF a few months ago. I really like the look of these blocks, so I’m looking forward to finishing this top. So, my ALYOF July goal is to complete the top for this quilt. I think it will go together pretty quickly. You can see other ALYOF goals for July at the Linky Party right here.

For July, I also plan on participating in the NewFO Challenge 2014 at Cat Patches. I plan on making a new mini quilt for summer for my table top quilt stand. I want to make the summer block from a pattern by Patrick Lose, “A Cat for All Seasons”.



I made this wall hanging quite a few years ago for my daughter and it hangs in her bedroom still. I’ll try to get this done this week so it can go into the quilt stand after I take down my 4th of July mini quilt.

My last major goal for the month is to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 at So Scrappy. The color for the month of July is red, so I will get out my scraps and piece together some squares to make more houses. I will probably spend the second week in July just working on this, I plan to get 2 large squares and at least 4 small squares done to build houses. I also hope to put at least one of the large squares into a house block. We’ll see what the month brings.

Finally, in the between times and by the end of the month I hope I have some time in the sewing room to work on odds and ends that are sitting around the sewing room yelling at me calling to me. I would also like to spend the last week of the month working on some Christmas gifts. We’ll see how it goes. I just want to make progress on some UFOs and WIPs that I have lying around.

It’s going to be a busy month with family in town this week and possibly a trip out of town at the end of the month (and who knows what in between!), but I think I’ve set some pretty minimal goals to complete. I think I can get them done. I think I can, I think I can…

I hope all of you in the USA have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment