Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes for July

My goal for July for ALYOF (#4 in the goal setting linky party) was to piece the Charm Pack split-half-square-triangle blocks into a quilt top. Done! Yay! Here is the quilt top so far…



I also got some polka dot backing fabric for the quilt, right here…



The colors in the polka dots match the colors of the quilt top, and they actually look pretty good together in person J. I’m hoping to  get out in the next couple of weeks to pick up some batting so I can get this quilted. I plan on just doing some straight line quilting along the zig zags with a walking foot, so I’m hoping the quilting isn’t going to take too long. I will also probably just bind it with the same white fabric in the quilt top.

I will be linking up with the ALYOF Finishes Party for July at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs. Head on over to see all of the wonderful projects completed in July!


2 comments:

  1. It is so cute! I love it! I really like the vibrant colors with the white in between. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fabrics! Love the backing fabric. Congrats on your ALYoF win.

    ReplyDelete