Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Yellow June

There is a whole lot of construction going on at my house…not necessarily in the sewing room. We are rebuilding our backyard deck, so my time has been spent doing that most mornings, and then I’m not really in the mood to focus on sewing. I’m a bit worn out with the physical labor and hot/humid weather. BUT…I do have my yellow squares done!



This is another month where I had plenty of yellow scraps and made extra smaller squares for the border houses. These squares really don’t take much time, so I can generally get them done in one sitting…assuming all goes as I plan! Hopefully, by the end of the month I can get one of the larger squares built into a house block. Maybe I’ll even try to figure out how I’m going to do the border houses and get some of those done.

Other than that, I’ve really not done much sewing this week. I did join the local quilt guild this week, so I guess that’s something! Otherwise, I’ve done a little hand stitching on a block for the Folk Art Cats quilt. I’m hoping to have that block done this weekend. I was also able to get a little work done on Step 5 of Celtic Solstice, and I started on a mini quilt for 4th of July to hang on my table top quilt stand. I’m hoping to take time to quilt and bind that so it’s ready to hang at the end of June. I’ll have all of Sunday afternoon to myself, so we’ll see if I make it into the sewing room…or if I’m out pulling up deck boards!


I’ll be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. Head on over to see other lovely yellow projects.

9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of your house blocks. Can't wait to see where the sunny yellow house will be located and how it will be embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on your house blocks this month. Summer can be a busy time, but I'm glad you found a few minutes to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yellow blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy yellows . . . good luck with the construction project(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sunny blocks. Hope your deck project goes quickly so you have more energy for the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these scrappy yellow blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you have a sun shiny start to your yellow houses. It sounds like you managed some stitching inbetween the 'hard labor'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - what beautiful blocks! Good luck with the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your yellow scrappy blocks. Will enjoy watching your blocks turn into houses.

    ReplyDelete