I didn’t think I set a lot of goals for June, but I still didn’t get to most of them. This month had interruptions of all kinds, and life (and the garden) just seemed to take over my time. However, I will talk about what I DID accomplish this month in the sewing room!
For A Lovely Year of Finishes for June, my goal (#2 at the June goal Linky Party) was to complete the blocks for the Folk Art Cats quilt. Well, for the second time this year, I didn’t reach my AYOLF goal. Bummer. But, I did work on it and will continue to work on it. Here is where I’m at so far…
I have one more background for a block done, but I’m stitching the cat onto it right now, so it’s not on the design wall. After that, six more blocks to go. I know I won’t finish this in June, though. Maybe I’ll finish it up next month or at least by the end of summer. I’ll be linking up with the ALYOF June goal party here.
I did start a project for the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. I won this charm pack a few months ago from a linky party for ALYOF…
Ever since, I’ve been wanting to do something with the fabric. So, this week I decided to slice the squares in half diagonally, and sew a white strip in the middle to make split half-square-triangle blocks. This is what they look like on my design wall…
I will be adding white sashing between all the blocks. I kind of like this lightning bolt pattern with the cooler colors in columns and the warmer colors together in columns. I don’t know if I will keep them in this arrangement, but I probably will. I hope to get this top put together next month. I will be linking up with the June NewFO linky party.
I also participated in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy. The color for June is yellow, so I got busy and put together some squares to build house blocks.
I also put together one of the yellow border houses to see how they will look, and I think I like the way they will turn out.
I really only worked on a couple of other projects in June. I was able to get a mini quilt made to hang on my table top quilt stand for 4th of July.
I was also able to made several mug rugs for 4th of July. These will probably be gifts, so don’t tell anyone!
So, that’s it. Not much done in the sewing room, but we did get most of our deck done (we’ll finish with the railing this weekend), and I did spend part of the month sick…so I’ll give myself a pass. There’s always next month!