Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Design Wall Monday – June 2, 2014


I finally have something on my design wall! These are three blocks from the Folk Art Cats quilt from Stitchin’ Post. I received the pattern in 2013 for Mother’s Day and started on it, but didn’t get very far. My primary goal for this month is to finish piecing all twelve blocks and adding the cats onto each block with hand applique. I’ve done the embroidery on the first two blocks for the cats’ faces, but I’m not going to worry about that for this month. I just want the blocks pieced and appliqued. I’m not very happy with the block on the right…there’s not enough contrast between the cat and the background of the block, but I’m not going to worry about changing the fabric in that cat until I’m done with all the blocks and then I’ll see what I want to do.


Head over to Patchwork Times to check out other design walls.

3 comments:

  1. Your cats are so cute! It will be fun to watch your progress and see how your "family" grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your blocks. This is going to be a great quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute designs. Cats do like to hide so maybe that one is just trying to blend in :)

    ReplyDelete