We’ve been a bit busy around here. We’ve been doing a lot of work outdoors, but since this week will be pretty warm, it’s a good time to get back to the sewing room.
I’ve spent part of the last week finishing the Family Tree wall hanging for my husband’s side of the family.
For the quilting, I first did a blanket stitch around all the name plates.
Then I FMQ a small meandering leaf pattern in the tree leaves.
I did some straight line and outline quilting of the tree trunk and branches, and added some tufts of grass at the bottom. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out what to do in the sky portion, and just decided on a stipple.
Finally, I wanted to do feathers in the border, but because of the floral motif of the fabric, I decided instead to do a feather-y fern-y type quilting.
I put on ribbon hangers/labels again on this wall hanging as I did on the Patriotic Star, and got the binding stitched on and hand stitched down. Then, done! I’m glad this one is finished. It’s my May “A Lovely Year of Finishes” goal, so that can be checked off my list for the month. I have another one of these kits which I will make using my family tree. That will happen later this year (I hope).
Today I need to do some housekeeping chores. Maybe later this afternoon I’ll be able to get into the sewing room and work on one of my May goals. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!