Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Here is my homage to Throwback Thursday…my first quilt…



Sorry it’s a cruddy photo. This is my very first quilt from 25 years ago. I was a big time cross stitcher at the time, so all the blocks are cross stitched with baby themed patterns. You can see a stuffed dragon in the middle, a little ducky in the bottom left corner, a teddy bear blowing bubbles, etc. I then used a light yellow flannel (don’t laugh!) for the sashings, border, and backing. I just did simple straight hand quilting around each block. I remember having this laid out in the tiled entry way of our house finishing the quilting and putting on the binding late into Christmas Eve so I could give it to my niece for Christmas 1989. I was just married the month before, so I’m sure my new husband thought I was a bit nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment