Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stash Report Week 20 of 2014

I bought quite a bit of fabric this week, but it is all for particular projects I’m working on, so it doesn’t really county, does it? ;) Of course I could blame it all on my mother-in-law who (generously) bought me a gift card for Joann’s for Mother’s Day.

I picked up a couple of yards of this fabric for the backing of a small quilt I started earlier this year (maybe another finish in my future?)



I also picked up the following red, white, and blue fabrics for some quickie projects I’m working on.



Bright and festive, right?

Finally, I picked up some fat quarters and some quarter yard cuts of various novelty fabrics.



I plan on using the gray and brown on the right side as “roofing material” for my house blocks for the quilt I’m making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The remaining fabrics I bought with the intention of using the various elements and motifs in the fabrics for fusible applique for the same quilt top. I also have a few more yards of novelty fabrics coming probably next week that I ordered on-line. They are also for the same quilt top.

I made a “trial” coaster this week to see how it would turn out, but it only used about 1/8 yard of fabric. I will count that later when I make more of these…I’d rather count my stash in quarter yard increments since that is how they generally come into my house.  Here’s the one coaster I made



There won’t be much sewing in my near future. Saturday I took my machine in for service and the hand wheel started making a horrible noise on Friday. If the last service visit is any indication, it may be several weeks before I see my machine again. Oh well, I have plenty of hand work projects to do.

I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.

Used year to date:    23.25 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  38.5 yards
Added this week:       8.5 yards
Total net used 2014: 23.75 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)




No comments:

Post a Comment