Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Out & About

My sewing machine is in the shop, so Monday I started on my NewFO project for May. It is “Miss-Bee-Hiving” from the Out & About series by McKenna Ryan.



So far it is all fusible applique. So, on Monday I picked out all the fabrics; traced, fused and cut out all the applique pieces; and got them all fused onto the background.



The light colored item to the left of the bear in the tree is a bee hive. I have not yet made the bees. I have a yellow fabric I think I will use, then just quilt in their black stripes, but I’ve not made a final decision on that yet. I still may look for a black and yellow fabric.

This pattern is a companion pattern to the “Dinner for Two” pillow I made a couple of months ago.



I’ll make “Miss-Bee-Hiving” into a pillow also and they will go in our travel trailer. Hopefully I will get my sewing machine out of the shop this week and be able to quilt it and complete the pillow soon.

I’m off to work on some hand sewing. I think this morning I will get out my reverse applique project from many years ago and see if I can get some work done on it. It is this dragon pattern



Later today I may hand applique some more tails on my Sawtooth Cats quilt top. I believe I have five more tails to go.


I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment