Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mid-May Check-In

Well, it’s already the middle of May. Time is flying this year! And it’s time to see how I’m progressing on my goals for the month of May.

First, I wanted to finish the Family Tree wall hanging for my husband’s side of the family. Done! This was my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for May and you can read more about that here.

Next, I wanted to hand applique more of the tails on my Sawtooth Cats quilt top. At the beginning of May I had 5 tails on. I now have 12 stitched on. Yay! Eight more to go. I think I will try VERY hard to get those tails done this month.

I also wanted to get my green blocks done for May’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Done! I actually made a lot more small squares than I had planned, but I’ll use them somewhere, somehow!

I also had hoped to participate in the Srappy Challenge for May over at Patchwork Times. I made one lowly little spool block so far. I don’t know if I will do any more this month. I made it with scraps, so I don’t really like it. I think I would prefer it to be a little more color coordinated.



I also want to participate in the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. I have not started that yet, but there are two weeks left in the month. I have about 3 projects I’m considering, so we’ll see what happens.

I also wanted to complete Part 4 in the Celtic Solstice Mystery from Bonnie Hunter. Done! I think next month I’ll get Part 5 done and then all the units should be done and I can put the blocks together. I’m glad I’m focusing on finishing this quilt this year. It took me a long time to complete the previous mystery from Bonnie.



Well, there were three more items on my goal list for May: making a Folk Art Cat quilt block; making some pouches and purses for gifts; and working on a reverse applique project that has been in the closet for a while. I haven’t done any work on those yet. But there is still plenty of time left in the month. 

How are you coming along on your May goals?




No comments:

Post a Comment