Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Goals

I have quite a few things I want to complete in the sewing room for May. I have loads of small projects that need to get done, so hopefully I can make some progress.

First, for A Lovely Year of Finishes for May, I want to complete the Family Tree wall hanging. This covers my husband’s family. I haven’t started the one for my family yet, but I’d like to have them both done this year. So, I will get the quilting and binding done on this one this month. 

Next, I’d like to get more applique tails sewn on my Sawtooth Cats quilt and possibly complete the paper pieced borders. Here’s the quilt top so far…



I have 15 tails to hand stitch, plus three borders to paper piece. That may take me a while!

I’m also participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. The color for May appears to be green – though nothing official has been posted - so I will be “making” green fabric for two large blocks and four small blocks to “build” into houses.

I also hope to participate in the Scrappy Challenge at Patchwork Times. I don’t know what the new block for May is yet, but my hope is to be able to complete at least one new potholder from it.

I also plan to participate in the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. This month I plan to start a quilt using my grandmother’s hankies. I’m planning on gray and white solids for the background with the hankies appliqued on top. I’m kind of winging it, so we’ll see how it goes.

I would also like to make a few more quilted pouches and/or purses this month. I like that they are a bit quicker than making an entire quilt. I would like to have some made up for gifts for later in the year.

There are also a few projects in progress I would like to work on. These are things that may only take me a day to complete, or just working on them here and there is fine with me. I don’t need to finish any of these projects right now…

I’ll try to complete Part 4 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice mystery quilt. I have some of it done, but still some work to do on it.

I’m making this Folk Art Cats quilt and would like to complete at least one more block. I have 3 or 4 blocks done already.

I also have a reverse applique project I started probably 7 or 8 years ago for my daughter. It’s this stained glass dragon quilt



My plan was to make four panels and sew them side by side to make a quilt large enough to put on her bed. I’m still working on the first panel. But I’d like to pull this one out of the closet and do some work on it.

Finally, I put together some 9 patch blocks I’ve had from my grandmother and put a border around them for a quilt top. I’m itching to do some hand quilting again, so I will get some batting and load that quilt onto my quilt frame and get started on it.


I think that’s enough! I’ll also be heading to a local quilt show over Memorial Day weekend, so that should be fun…and possibly inspirational! What are your plans for the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment