Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What's Up?

Not much sewing has been going on here the past couple of weeks. I started stripping and scrapping some fabric I had after clearing out my fabric shelves. I have several piles of fabric, about 18 inches tall each, sitting on my sewing room counter that are NOT going back into my fabric shelves. They will be used for scrapping and quilt backings. A lot of them are floral prints from the 1990s that I got from my mother-in-law’s fabric stash, and others I have had forever. I will get them used up, though.

Other than doing a bit of yard work over the weekend, I did get some block sewing done. I made a couple more small blocks for the April Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC), but I’ll show them on Saturday at the next linky party. I also worked on catching up with the RSC from previous months and was able to get some blocks done for March (teal):



I’ve also been working on Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice and I have most of that done. Hopefully by the end of the week I’ll have that step complete and I’ll show it off.

Otherwise, we’ll be doing some more yard work this week…the weather should be lovely through the weekend…and I will try to get caught up with January and February RSC blocks, blue and pink, respectively.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

  1. Those are my kind of scrappy blocks! I always make them 6.5" unfinished, and eventually either use them as centers for stars or set them in some kind of random pattern, with or without additional other blocks that might come my way. Love that color.

    ReplyDelete