Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014

This is my first time linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see other links here.

I’ve decided to use the colors each month to make up some “made” fabric. Some call it improv and others call it crumb fabric. Whatever you want to call it, I’m stitching up all the little bits and pieces of scraps in one color family to make some fabric to use in blocks. I have an idea of what I’m going to do with these blocks once they’re done, but that’s a long way off and things can change. But for now, I’m just going to build the blocks.

Purple!



I’m making both 6-1/2 inch and 3-1/2 inch squares, to finish 6 and 3 inches, respectively. At the moment the smaller squares will be in a border, while the larger squares will become part of the blocks of the quilt.

My plan is to make several squares each week this month, so I should have quite a few by the end of April. I also need to work on catching up with the previous months’ colors.

Other than that, I have just been doing bits and pieces of things in the sewing room this week. I’ve spent the last week and a half cutting scraps up and trying to sort through my fabric. I have piles of fabric sitting on my counter in the sewing room that I will use for scrapping and quilt backs. I also got the above mentioned purple squares done, I’ve cut some fabric for an I Spy quilt, and I’ve worked on Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice. Hopefully I can finish that next week. I’ll probably spend the rest of the month just continuing on with the same little projects, along with my one ALYOF goal. We’ll see what the next few weeks bring!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


12 comments:

  1. You are off to a good start. Vey nice purple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done using you crumbs. I am doing the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you joined the rainbow scrap challenge, it is always so much fun!! That is a perfect way to use up your little crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job! Love all the purples together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your scrappy purple squares. This is a good plan for a Rainbow quilt at the end of the year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty collection of purple fabrics in your blocks. There are so many fun ways to use up crumb blocks. I am sure they will all turn into something lovely at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun scrappy fabric blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool. I'm going to do crumb blocks next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Enjoy your scrappy ness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your made fabric is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it fun to make the slabs of fabric! I've tried using them instead of solid fabric pieces in some of the blocks Angela posts and I love the results. It looks like an entirely new block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty purple crumb blocks! I think I made a few last year... I do wonder where they are. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of yours.

    ReplyDelete