Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April Accomplishments

I got quite a few things done in the sewing room this month.

First, I completed my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 for April. I quilted and bound the Patriotic Star wall hanging. You can read more about it here at the linky party for ALYOF.



I also completed Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice mystery quilt from 2013. These are the chevron units.



I have to figure out what else I need to work on for the quilt. I believe the next thing I need to do is finish Part 4. If so, that will be a goal for May.

I spent quite a bit of time working on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. I completed the blocks I wanted to make for April (purple), as well as catching up with the first three months of the year (blue, pink, and teal). I’m using these “made” fabric blocks as the basis for house blocks. You can read about that project here.



Also, for my NewFO Challenge project, I started the house blocks for the above RSC blocks. I started by practicing with a Halloween house block. Here is what I’ve accomplished so far.



I also worked on making a small pouch to hold cosmetics, etc.



I’m kind of winging it, and I need to tweak some things on it…and practice more on installing zippers! But I like the way it turned out. I’d like to make some more pouches and purses in the next few months to have ready as gifts for the holidays.

I also started working on the pieced borders for my Sawtooth Cats quilt.



This past weekend I put together some 9 patch blocks that my mom brought me from my grandmother after my grandmother passed away – 20+ years ago.



These are just the blocks I received. I’ll post more about this quilt later in the week.

Finally, outside of the sewing room, we got the front patio and walkway a bit farther along, and we got the garden planted. Yay! We have lots of peppers, tomatoes, squashes, and salad fixings growing in the garden. We also were able to construct (and put plants in) a new planter out front where we had to have some dead trees cut down last fall. Hopefully we can finish the walkway in the front yard before the summer heat hits us here.


That’s about it. I hope you had a productive April, and I’m looking forward to May!

No comments:

Post a Comment