Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 2014 Goals

It’s April Fool’s Day. I don’t “do” practical jokes, but if you do, I hope you have a fun day! I’ll be at the grocery store this morning, then at the dentist this afternoon for a check-up; other than that it will be a quiet day at home. I will probably spend the remainder of the day with housekeeping chores and maybe get back to the sewing room tomorrow.

It’s time I write up my sewing goals for April. I don’t have too many things planned for this month. Hopefully the warmer weather will be here and we’ll be busy outdoors.

First, I will again participate in A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014. For this month, I want to get my Patriotic Star wall hanging quilted and bound.

Next, I want to finish Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter’s 2013 mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice. This part is making chevrons. I started it back in December, but this part bogged me down. I will probably just pick a day early in the month to do nothing but these units.

I will also participate in the Scrappy Challenge 2014 over at Patchwork Times. I’ve had a lot of fun making the blocks Judy has posted and plan to make a potholder and possibly more blocks. We’ll see what she comes up with for April.

I think I’ll also try to complete a block and link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 over at So Scrappy. I think the color for April is purple. Plus I will try to complete blocks for the first three months…blue, pink, and aquamarine. I have some blocks in mind for this.

Finally, I’ll also participate in the NewFO Challenge 2014 over at Cat Patches. There are two projects that I’m considering. One is another pillow for the trailer with one of McKenna Ryan’s Out & About blocks. The other is a mystery quilt from my email quilting group. I’ve not started it yet, and April 1 is the final clue. I will probably actually start both projects, then I will figure out which one to link up with.

That’s it. It doesn’t seem like much, but hopefully I can complete it all. In addition, I will probably work on some blocks for various UFOs and WIPs I have going.

What do you have planned for April?


No comments:

Post a Comment