Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

The Week in Review

The weather forecast is for highs in the 60s for the next week…however, it will then turn cold again with highs only in the 40s later next week. This seems like the eternal winter. I was hoping to start planting seedlings in the garden this coming weekend, but that may have to wait at least another week. I’ll keep them warm in the sunroom for now and spend the weekend working on other things around the house. We’ll probably also make sure the garden is ready to go for the following weekend.

This week I did get a few things accomplished in my sewing room. I was able to complete the fused applique on the Spring Bouquet blocks that I showed on Wednesday. I may be able to stitch down some of the applique this afternoon, unless I decide to knit.


I also completed my embroidery project and painted the frame. It is all now put together and ready to go on a wall somewhere. Right now it’s sitting on my fireplace mantle.



I also completed eight blocks from the Scrappy Challenge at Patchwork Times. And my goodness, are they scrappy! Here are the eight blocks I made:



I’ve put them together to create a 12x24 hot pad. This will go on my dining room table to place hot dishes on. It is quilted and ready for binding. I’ll talk more about this later in the month when I finish and link up at Patchwork Times. Here’s my progress:


That’s about it. I have a pretty open day today, so I’ll probably work on a lot of little projects. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment