Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

March NewFO Challenge

My NewFO for March is the Dinner for Two block from McKenna Ryan.



This is from a kit series called Out & About. I found this and another block pattern for this series in a local quilt store a couple of years ago and picked them up.

First, I picked out some batiks for this block…



then I sewed the background pieces together…



and then traced, fused and cut out all the applique pieces.



The noses of the bears were quite small, so I waited to cut those out until I was ready to fuse them.

Then I put all the pieces onto the background and fused them. I don’t always use my pressing sheet and fuse the individual elements together then place the elements onto the background and fuse them at the same time. I guess it really depends on my mood at the time. But with this block I just put them all down and fused them all at once.



I used smoky invisible thread to zig zag everything down as the quilting on this block. Finally I stitched a back on to it, shoved in a pillow form, hand stitched the opening, and now we have a new pillow for the trailer!



My other new start (and a finish!) for March is my tulip mini quilt for spring. It turned out pretty cute and brightens up my living room.



I’ll be linking up over at Cat Patches for the March NewFO Challenge Linky Party. Check out what everyone else started in March!


No comments:

Post a Comment