Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Spring Bouquet is off my design wall and put away! Yay! I’ve completed all the sewing goals I set for March, so this week will just be playing in the sewing room. It is supposed be cold again this week so gardening is put off again and I should be able to spend some time sewing. Here is what is on my design wall and what I plan on working on this week…



I know this block has various names, but I saw it referred to as Puss in the Corner, so I decided this would be the perfect block to show off all the feline fabric I have accumulated. Here’s a little bit of it:



Can you tell I like cats? All the fabrics laid out and stacked up that you see have cats on them or are cat related, such as paw prints, mice, balls of yarn, etc. I still have almost this much sitting on my shelves as well, so I can make plenty of blocks! These blocks finish at six inches, and go together really quickly. I have a few more in a project box that are mostly done, so I’ll finish those up and start cutting some more fabric this week. Hopefully I can get a lot done. I don’t have any idea what I’m going to do with them, but since I’m able to fussy cut and show off the cat fabric in the center of the blocks, I’m going to call the resulting quilt Kitties in the Middle. Creative, huh?

That’s about it from here today. I hope you have a wonderful week and visit Patchwork Times for more Design Wall fun.



7 comments:

  1. Very cute. A nice way to use up some of the kitty fabric and hey you can figure out later what you are going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! There are lots of cute kitties on your design wall. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blocks and what a collection of cat fabrics. It will make for a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete