Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Design Wall Monday - March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you’re wearing green today!


My design wall looks quite a bit like it did last week:


Spring Bouquet is coming along. The missing block is the one on my sewing machine that I’m working on now. I hope to finish stitching down the fused applique today on that block. Then I’ll just have 3 blocks left, with two weeks to go in the month. I think I can get it done. I think I can, I think I can…

I’m hoping this one is done and something else is on my wall by next Monday. I would also like to get these nine blocks sewn together, then I’ll just have to work on the borders. I don’t think I’ll get much more done in the sewing room this week. I hope to finally get the garden going this week, so I’ll be busy with that Tuesday and Wednesday.

I also plan on going to Quilt Fest in Pigeon Forge on Friday (I think!), so nothing will get accomplished then…other than maybe some shopping! I also want to check out long arm quilting machines while I’m there. I’m hoping my husband will come along with me to check them out with me. I want him to see how much nicer the space of a long arm (even a small one without a frame) will be for me to quilt on, rather than the 7 inch space I have on my sewing machine. It’s tough to shove a quilt into those 7 inches! We’ve been talking about this and investigating this for a year or so, and with our daughter out of college now, it just might be time to get serious about it!

Have a wonderful week and I hope spring gets here soon!

Check out what everyone else is doing over at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great. I admire your patience in doing so much tiny appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely. I know you can do it! Wish I were going to Pigeon Forge. What a fabulous line up of teachers. Are you taking a class? Good luck with your hubby. Sounds like a big decision to take on a long arm. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design wall looks wonderful! If they were on my wall I'd have to stare at them all day and not get anything done. Oh boy, out looking for a long arm, now that is some serious fun. Dont' be afraid to buy a used machine. The longs are industrial and built to last. The saving can be quite substantial and you get the same quality of service from the bigger name manufacturer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete