Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

ALYOF and March Goals

For March for A Lovely Year of Finishes, I want to finish up the blocks for the Spring Bouquet Block of the Month:



It seems appropriate since spring will be here soon. I have received all of the kits for the blocks and borders for this quilt, but I fell behind after the second month. So, I only have the appliqué pieces for two blocks fused and stitched down. I haven’t had this one for long…I just started receiving the blocks about a year ago. My goal is to fuse and stitch down the remaining seven blocks.

This should be an easy goal to reach (unlike my February goal!). March will probably be a busy month here…we have several outdoor projects we’re going to be working on; we’ll be starting a bath renovation; the garden needs to get going; and we’ll probably try to go camping at least once. These blocks should go together quickly, so I’m thinking I can get seven blocks done. Even if I can only get one done in a day, that will still leave me with 24 days for everything else!

I’m going to be linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 for March over at Fabric of All Sorts. Head on over and see what everyone else is working on for March.

I also have a few other goals for March:

Make a potholder for the March Scrappy Challenge over at Patchwork Times. I’ve enjoyed following along with Judy over there, and I think I might also pick a color scheme and do a block in that color scheme from each month, then make a sampler quilt. We’ll see how much time I have.

I would also like to complete another step of Celtic Solstice from Bonnie Hunter. I've completed the first step and have the borders done, and I've done some work on each of the other steps. If I can finish one step each month, I should be able to complete the top by summer.

For my NewFO over at Cat Patches I want to make some more mug rugs. I like how quick and easy they are, so I will probably make some of these for gifts.

I also want to finish this embroidery project:


This was in Quiltmaker magazine last fall (Sept/Oct 2013) and I started it back then, but haven’t finished it yet. I could probably finish it up in a day if I just sat down with it. I would also like to do some more embroidery projects, but I want to get this one done first. The frame is something I picked up at a thrift store, and I’m going to paint it and frame the embroidery when I’m done.

I would like to complete the top (and possibly quilt) the Family Tree wall hanging:



Finally, we just got a new computer, so my personal goal for this month is to learn Windows 8…Yikes! Going from XP to Windows 8 will be interesting. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You have so much going on! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... You want to do heaps.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is some impressive goal list. Good Luck on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I am also working on the Spring Bouquet Blocks but other things keep getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the applique quilt will be wonderful. good luck with all your goals

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Spring Bouquet BOM, too, and have only finished the first two, also! I have the third fused, but I took on more than I could handle last year when I started it. I was already in two other BOM's, and this one just got shoved the the back burner. I do want to finish it, but it is too much for me right now to try to finish it in a month, so I am rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete