Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Week in Review

This week I didn’t get anything more done on the Snowman blocks. I have the wall hanging top done, plus eight more blocks. I may make them into small 11x11 inch mini quilts. Or I may make them into more wall hangings. That’s why I haven’t done more…I can’t figure out what to do with them. I will probably not do any more work on them until next month. I was able to finish my carrot potholder. These blocks were for the Scrappy Challenge 2014 at Patchwork Times.


I did get all the blocks pieced for the Sawtooth Cats quilt.


Since I took the above photo I have put the sashing on the top two rows and have them put together. I’ve appliquéd the tail for the top left corner cat, and that’s where it stands. I think I will go down this afternoon and get the remaining sashing put on and put all the blocks together while I watch the USA vs. Canada Olympic men’s hockey game. Then I will just need to hand appliqué the tails on, do the paper pieced border, and put it all together. Finishing this quilt top was my goal for February for A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014. I don’t think I’m going to get it done in time, but setting it as my goal has forced me to actually work on it - which is a good thing! If I don’t finish it I’ll make it my goal (again) for March’s A Lovely Year of Finishes. I want it to be done!

I was able to get some seeds started this morning for our garden. I hope it warms up soon so they can go outside!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment