Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stash Report Week 5 of 2014

This week I broke down and bought fabric. At Joann’s I picked up the lavender below for the lining of a bag and the light bluish-greenish is for a top I want to finish in February. I’ve ordered additional fabric for the top and I’m waiting on that. I bought 2 yards of the lavender and 3.5 of the bluish-green.


I also stopped by a couple of thrift stores in the area and found the following fabrics:



They’re for nothing in particular, but I kind of liked them. The brown polka dot has 2 yards ($1.49), the light plaid has 2 yards (79 cents), and the Bob the Builder fabric is four panels and measures 1 ¼ yards (79 cents). I didn’t know it was Bob the Builder when I bought it because it was rolled up and taped, and you’re not supposed to un-do the rolls. But I figured whatever it was, for the price, I could always cut it into scraps. I’ll probably hang on to it a while…you never know if I’ll need to make something with Bob!

So my total in for the week was 10.75 yards and out was a big fat zero!

Used year to date:    16.0 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  0 yards
Added this week:       10.75 yards
Total net used 2014: 5.25 yards

I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes enhancement has to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great thrift store finds. I am sure you will put Bob to work before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There may have been no fabric out, but at 28-1/2 cent a yard, the stash almost doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He IS Bob The Builder, after all!! Panels come in so handy for quick comfort quilts. You'll find a use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to pass up reasonable priced fabric. At least you are still in the black for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds at your thrift store. I remember when we sold Bob the builder at our LQS. It was very popular with little boys.

    ReplyDelete