I completed my Scrappy Challenge for January early in the month. Here it is:
And here’s the back:
Those are little yellow chicks on green fabric on the back and binding.
I decided for the Scrappy Challenge I’m going to make potholders for each block. I had wanted to make some potholders for Christmas gifts last year and never got around to it. This way I’ll be sure to have some made up before the holidays sneak up on me! If I have the time, I’ll make more blocks for additional projects, but I’m just setting the goal each month of a potholder. I think I can manage that.
This project truly did use stash fabrics. The chickens in the center of the block are from some fabric my mother-in-law gave me last year that she had forever. The other fabrics (including the cute chicks on the back) have been sitting on my shelves for probably ten years.
I also had practice working with some specialty rulers with this block. I have the Easy Angle Ruler and the Companion Angle Ruler so I practiced using those. I messed up with the first cuts L but I figured it out. Live and learn!
I like how the potholder turned out and I decided to keep this one, so it’s hanging in my kitchen now. J
I’m linking up over at Patchwork Times. Stop by and see what everyone else is up to.