Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sawtooth Cats

Today has been a busy day. I ran my errands before the rain and colder temperatures hit for the rest of the week, and I was able to make my husband’s English muffins. I got the car washed and my hair cut, hit Walmart and the grocery store, and even ran to a thrift store and Michael’s. I was also able to fit in some sewing this afternoon.


I’m moving along on my Sawtooth Cats quilt top. I’ve appliquéd the cat bodies to the paper pieced cat backs, and I have all the block background pieces cut. Today I was able to sew the larger block in the background to the curved piece in the background. I’ll then hand appliqué the cat body/back pieces to the curved piece. You can see the parts of the block below:



There are 20 blocks and 10 cats face to the left and the other 10 cats face to the right. I need to stitch the ears to the background piece that goes above the cat’s head, then the long background piece to the cat’s side, then the body/back and background piece to the other side of the cat. The paper pieced tails will be sewn on when I attach the sashing, then hand appliquéd down onto the sashing pieces.

I’ve decided to switch up the pattern a bit and have all the cats right side up. As you can see in the photo of the pattern, some of the cats are upside down and there are longer background pieces that join their heads and bodies.



I’ve decided to use the blue-ish background and have them all right side up so it looks like they’re sitting in a window. We’ll see how it turns out.

I need to run downstairs and hit the exercise bike before it’s time for dinner. Never got that in this morning! I hope everyone is safe and staying warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment