Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

February Scrappy Challenge

I love the block this month for the Scrappy Challenge 2014 at Patchwork Times. I made a total of 13 blocks, and I’ll have several projects to show for it. First, I made my potholder for the month:



I love the carrot fabric. The carrots are also on the back. I have enough carrot fabric to make at least one more of these, so I probably will. My husband really likes it and wants one for our kitchen (go figure!). I also have some similar cherry fabric which would make a cute potholder too. I’ll see when I have some time to do it!

I also used this block to do some fussy cutting and use up some snowman fabric I got from my mother-in-law when she gave me all of her fabric last year. I put four blocks into a wall hanging. I’ve completed the top:


I also have eight more snowman blocks left over. I was also going to put them into two more wall hangings, but I think I’ve talked myself into making a few potholders and probably some mini quilts. I still may end up making another wall hanging, but I’ll wait on that until later in the spring. I really want to get them done by the summer so I’m not panicking at the last minute in November trying to get Christmas gifts done!

Here are the remaining blocks:




Like I said, I love this block so I think I will revisit it many times. Thanks so much to Judy at Patchwork Times for hosting this Scrappy Challenge. Head on over to the Linky Party to see what everyone else has done with this block.

3 comments:

  1. Sew cute. I especially love your carrot fabric. So Far, I'm ony good for one block a month. I've got too many irons in the fire. You have a whole quilt going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a great block. I love your carrot potholder and think cherries would be wonderful. That's a terrific way to use the snowmen, too. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous carrot fabric. I love your potholder. The blocks look great all together with the snowman centre.
    Valspierssews - No 7 at the linky

    ReplyDelete