Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday & Goals for the Week of February 24, 2014

All that’s been on my design wall this week has been my Sawtooth Cats quilt blocks…and now blocks with sashing!



This week is all about cats. I want to get all the tails appliquéd onto the Sawtooth Cats quilt top. Once that is done I’ll need to paper piece the borders, then attach them. This is my goal for February for A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014, and I don’t think I’m going to get it done L . I’ll probably have to set it as my goal for March, too.

But the good news is that this quilt top has been sitting around with the paper piecing for the blocks done for about two years, and now I’m actually getting it finished. I am really excited about completing it, which is good news. I tend to get bored with some quilts…they sometimes lose my attention and I want to work on something else. But, I haven’t run into that problem this time around with it.

The weather is due to turn cold again this week and next (more snow!), so it will be a good week to sit with the quilt top in my lap (and a cat, I’m sure) and get the appliqué done. If I get bored with the appliqué, I can spend some time downstairs working on the paper pieced border. I think the border itself is going to be quite a bit of work. Maybe if I work like crazy I could finish it by midnight Friday and reach my goal!

Other than that, I’m not planning on working on anything else quilt-wise this week. Today I’ll be doing some laundry and housework and Tuesday will be spent with errands in the morning and a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon. So I’ll need to really focus to get it done in the time I have available this week. I’ll be linking up at Patchwork Times…stop by and check out what others are working on this week.

I hope you are all staying warm…spring is on its way…I think!

3 comments:

  1. You've mentioned Sawtooth Cats several times, but this is the first picture I've seen. It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love your bright cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are too cute! And I just happen to have a sawtooth cat sitting on my lap, poking at my keyboard as I type this...

    ReplyDelete