Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 – February

Well, I didn’t quite make my goal for this month. I’m #6 at the February goal Linky Party. My goal was to complete the top, including borders, for this pattern:

I’ve had the paper pieced parts for the backs of the cats done for a couple of years, and that’s where it has stood since. I did get a lot accomplished on this quilt this month, and I’m so pleased that I’ve come as far as I have on it. There is a combination of hand appliqué and machine piecing in the top, so I wasn’t able to just sit down at the machine and zip it through. But, I’ve gotten all the cat blocks done and sashed. I’ve appliquéd five (of twenty) tails on, and I still need to paper piece and attach the borders…a goal for another month. I just don’t think I’ll be able to get it all done in the rest of this week J.

I’ve switched up the pattern a little. I didn’t really like the upside-down cats, so I have my cats sitting in windows. Here’s what it looks like so far:

I’ll be linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 February Finishes Linky Party. Stop by to see what others have been working on.


  1. I like your version much better than the pattern!! The cats are adorable, You did get an awful lot done, even if you didn't make your original goal. Good for you!

  2. We don't always make our goals, but it looks like you made some amazing progress!

  3. Adorable cats great use of New York Beauty style pattern