Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What's Up?

I finished my UFO for the month to link up with A Lovely Year of Finishes later in January, and I’ve reached a stopping point on my NewFO for the month for the 2014 NewFO Challenge. So, Monday I started cleaning up (and out) my sewing room. Before Christmas I moved my sewing machine into the sunroom where I had two 6-foot tables to work on and finish quilting a quilt for a gift. My sewing room table then became Christmas Wrapping Central and junk drop-off for the family. So I finally got the Christmas wrap and goodies put away, and I got some of the mess cleaned up. I still have a ways to go, but I can see the floor, and the closet in there is all organized. I need to go through my fabric shelves and straighten them out (they’re a mess from pulling fabrics from halfway down the stack, etc.), and I need to generally put things back where they belong.

While going through stuff, I ran across a bag with a fleece rag quilt kit in it. My daughter got this at Joann’s about 10 years ago and started sewing it (it’s one of those with the pre-cut fleece squares that you just have to put together). She got all the rows sewed together. I decided sitting in the bag it was just useless stuff taking up space, so I took it to the sewing machine and sewed the rows together. It’s now a pretty little fleece blanket that can be used (at least by the cats!). Plus I got a little bit more space in the sewing room. So now I’m on a mission…to find more quickie projects like that to go from being “useless stuff taking up space” to being something useful.

Here’s the rag quilt:



No comments:

Post a Comment