Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Scrappy Challenge

Today starts the Scrappy Challenge at Patchwork Times  http://www.patchworktimes.com/.  Judy will release a block pattern at the beginning of each month and the purpose is to use up your scraps, complete a project by the end of the month, and hopefully learn something new. Your project is to complete a project using that month’s block, whether you make a potholder, wall hanging, table runner, or full-blown quilt. The plan is not to have an additional UFO at the end of the month, but to complete the project using that block.


I’ve decided that if I follow along, I will probably make a bunch of blocks that I’ve never tried before, use up fabric scraps, and have some completed projects. To make it easy on myself, I’ve decided that each month I’m just going to plan on making a potholder. Not a lot of time commitment, and not a lot of work, but I’ll get practice at sewing a lot of different blocks. This morning I made the block released for January. I’m going to finish quilting it today and hopefully bind it by tomorrow. I will have to think about how I want to finish off a hanging loop, but here’s the completed block waiting to be quilted…chickens!


No comments:

Post a Comment