Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

NewFO Challenge 2014 - January

This is my first time linking up with the NewFO Challenge. My NewFO for January 2014 is the Hello Moon quilt-along over at April Mae Designs. I cut and fused all the appliqué pieces onto the background pieces for all the blocks. I haven’t decided yet where I’m going with it from here. I don’t know if I want to stitch down the appliqués when I quilt it or before. I don’t know yet what to do for the sashings and borders, plus I won’t be able to quilt it for another month or two anyway. Once I find sashing I like and a backing, I’ll get moving on it again. So, this is going to be set aside for a while until I figure out what to do with it!


This month I also started (and finished) my project for the Scrappy Challenge 2014 over at Patchwork Times. You can check out what everyone is doing for the Challenge here. I made this potholder using the January block:



The last NewFO I started in January is a baby quilt I’m calling Hugs & Kisses. I completed the top without borders and it just kind of sat there. I put up some scrappy borders to see how it would look and I love it. So, I still need to put the borders on it, then baste, quilt, and bind it. I found the perfect backing for it, so once I order that fabric I’ll be able to finish it. Here is the top with the borders (not attached, just up on the design wall):



I’m linking up over at Cat Patches for the January NewFO Challenge. Check out what everyone is doing over there.

20 comments:

  1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who is still working (or just barely starting, in my case) on "Hello Moon". Good assortment of starts for January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alla...I hope to get Hello Moon finished before the summer. We'll see!

      Delete
  2. Hi!!!! I love you moon blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with Judy's scrappy block and way to go in doing all the 'moon' blocks in the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the chicken in the center!

      Delete
  4. Nice blocks for Hello Moon! I like the scrappy borders for your Hugs & Kisses baby quilt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get them both done by the summer

      Delete
  5. The scrappy block is lovely, and the baby quilt is really pretty. You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet baby quilt. Nice work on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love Hello Moon? I have no idea how I want to put mine together. Need to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm waiting for inspiration to strike!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hello Moon. all of them that I have seen are so different! Sweet baby quilt.

    Nan Brown

    ReplyDelete