Friday, January 10, 2014

Making Progress

I’m moving along on my projects this month. I completed the Scrappy Challenge at Patchwork Times for January. I’m making it easy on myself and just planning on working one block of the challenge, then making a potholder with it. If something strikes my fancy and I want to make more of the blocks, I will, but I’m not going to plan for it. I can always go back later in the year and make a quilt or other project from blocks I enjoy making. Here’s my potholder:

It’s hanging in my kitchen right now J

I’ve also started my New FO project for January…2013 Hello Moon quilt-along blocks from April Mae Designs. I’m doing all the blocks at once and so far I’ve gotten all the appliqué pieces fused on eight of the blocks. This weekend I hope to finish fusing the appliqué onto the remaining four blocks. Once that is done I will probably set it aside. I can’t decide if I want to do the machine embroidery as part of the quilting or before I put the quilt together.  The 2014 New FO Challenge can be found at Cat Patches.  Here’s what I have done so far:

I’ve also finished my January UFO for the 2014 A Lovely Year of Finishes. It is the top to Bonnie Hunter’s 2012 Mystery, Easy Street. It’s been a huge stretch for me.  The colors are not what I usually use, I don’t usually make quilts with a gazillion different little pieces, and I’ve never made a quilt with the blocks on point (LONG diagonal seams). It’s been good for me and it has taken me way out of my comfort zone, but I’m glad it’s nearly done. It’s turned out to be much nicer than I could have hoped for. I have folded that one up and put it away. I know the first border I want to put on it, but after that I’m not sure, so I need it to rest for a while. Here’s my Easy Street top:

Sorry for the orientation...I am having some problems today with the photos and it's not wanting to appear properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment