Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Look Ahead at February

I’ve got a few things planned to work on during February. It’s a short month so I hope I can get them done!


First, I’m going to be linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014 for February over at Fabric of All Sorts. My finish for February will be the top to my Sawtooth Cats quilt from The City Stitcher, designed by Janet Miller.



I have had this pattern for years, and I just started it last spring. I still have to finish hand appliquéing the cat bodies to the paper pieced backs. I have some of the background fabric, and the rest on order, so as soon as I get the appliqué done and the fabric all gets here, I can get it pieced. I will also need to paper piece the borders. It’s pretty ambitious for me, but I’m hoping to get it all done by the end of the month.

I’m also going to work on the Scrappy Challenge 2014 over at Patchwork Times. As soon as I see the block for February, I’ll figure out what I’m going to do with it. I do know I will be making a potholder with the block…we’ll see if I have the time to make something more.

For my NewFO 2014 project for February over at Cat Patches, I will start this Family Tree Wall Hanging from Keepsake Quilting:




I’ve had this kit (in fact I have two) for many years. I’m going to make this one with my husband’s family. The other kit I will make with my family. I actually hope I’ll be able to finish this one during the month. I doubt I’ll get them both done. As long as I start one of them, I’m good.

Finally, I’d like to finish the sweater I’m knitting.


It’s a really simple stockinette stitch pattern and I’ve just been working on it forever. I really need to push myself hard to work on this and get it done.

That’s it. So what’s on your to-do list for February?

2 comments:

  1. Great range of projects up for finishing this month. Good luck on getting them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your goals. I'll be interested to see the Family tree quilt when it is finished (it may end up as a wish list quilt for me as I am also interested in family history)

    ReplyDelete