Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Looking Ahead to 2014

I’ve got several goals I would like to work on in 2014. Here they are, in no particular order:

1.    Travel 500 miles exercising. It doesn’t really sound like much when you consider it’s less than 10 miles a week, but for me it would be a huge accomplishment. I will keep track each day of just how far I’ve gone and keep a total going throughout the year. We have a treadmill, exercise bike, and elliptical, along with walking, so I can change things up and not get bored. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.

2.   I want to make good bread. I have been grinding my own wheat and baking whole grain bread for about 12 years, and I still haven’t come up with a really good sandwich bread. This year I would like to set my mind to that task and complete it! I don’t make all our bread goods…I always make English muffins for my husband, and we use freshly ground grain for our pancakes, waffles, etc., but I don’t make bread every week. I would really like to get away from having to buy bread at the store.

3.   I want to spend more time and get farther along on genealogy research. Last year for Christmas I bought my husband some nifty scrapbook stuff so we could put his family in it. It’s still sitting empty L. This year I want to fill that scrapbook up!

4.   I want to have a great garden! We had a pretty good one last year, but this year we want to expand it. It’s pretty tough with lots of trees in the yard, but we’ll give it a try.

5.   I would like to start heading towards selling my quilts and getting a small business going. We’ll see where that goes.

6.   Obviously, I’d like to finish up all my quilting and crafting UFOs and clear out my fabric stash…like that’s gonna happen! But, I do want to make headway on it.

7.   I plan to start canning and dehydrating. We didn’t have enough from the garden last year to do it. I will be on the lookout for canning equipment and dehydrators this spring. I really want to get away from storing extras in the freezer, which leads to the last item…

8.   I want to get back to a level of emergency preparedness I was at when we lived in earthquake country in southern California.  I want to have plenty to take care of my family if necessary. I’ll be writing more about this beginning next month.


So what’s on your to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment