Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Ready for 2014? I’ve got my projects lined up and hopefully I’ll be able to get to them this year. I have some UFOs I want to finish up:

Piece the Easy Street quilt. This was Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt in 2012. I’ve had the blocks done since the fall of 2013, and I even got one (short) row of blocks put together, but I would like to get the entire top pieced. It really shouldn’t take that long.

Quilt the Teddy Bear Parade top. I finished this top about 3 years ago. It’s small, so it should quilt up quickly. I should then be able to bind it quickly. Then if someone has a baby, I’ll have a gift handy J.

Quilt the Patriotic Star wall hanging. This is also small. I should be able to quilt this in one day, then bind it another. I would like it on my wall by July 4th.

Finish the blocks for the Folk Art Cats quilt. I have 3 done; 9 more to go.

Finish the Spring Bouquet BOM blocks. I only have a couple of the blocks done. I will probably iron the fusible pieces on the blocks in January while my sewing machine is in for service. Then hopefully I can get the fusible appliqué stitched down in February.

Finish the Sawtooth Cats quilt top. I’m at a point where I have to sit down and put the entire top together. I’ll need to pick a month to work on it.

Finish the Northwoods Cabin quilt from Fons and Porter. This quilt will go on our bed. I have the center medallion done. I want to quilt it in stages, and then add and quilt the borders as I go. It will take some doing, so I’ll have to pick another month to just work on this.

Now for some NewFOs I want to start this year:

Sally’s Mystery quilt. Sally is someone in my online quilting group who will be sending out monthly clues for a mystery quilt in 2014. I’m doing the smaller version of the quilt, so I think I can keep up with it.

Hugs and Kisses quilt. I plan on making a small baby sized quilt with some Hershey Kisses fabric I found at the QuiltFest in 2013. I don’t think this will take too long. I just need to take the time to do it!

Hello Moon quilt blocks. This is a monthly quilt-along from AprilMaeDesigns.com and I’ve not started on it. I have the background fabric and other fabrics for it. It’s a machine appliqué pattern and looks reasonably simple. I’m hoping to at least get the blocks for it completed this year.

Ocotillo Wall Hanging. I’d like to make a pixilated quilt using the techniques in the Craftsy class about making pixilated quilts. This is from a photo from my sister.

Family Tree wall hanging. I have a wall hanging kit from Keepsake Quilting that I bought about 5 years ago that is still sitting in the bag. I want to get it done!

Wall hanging for my bedroom. When I get my bed quilt done, I want to make a coordinating wall hanging for our room.

Halloween string quilt. I’m making black and white string blocks and want to put them into a quilt. Not quite sure how I’m going to do it, but I have til October to get it done.

Winter Friends Stick together wall hanging from Quiltmaker. This is a cute little embroidered and quilted wall hanging with snowmen for winter. It will probably be the last NewFO I start in 2014.


I’d also like to put together some quilts to sell, either at local craft fairs or start a store on Etsy. We’ll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment